having my cake and sharing it 2

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Part Two(s)

So, we made the Better Than Brownie Cookies (again) but this time we added butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips. They were well-received at the Break-fast that we went to after Yom Kippor ended last night.

Also, we made pumpkin pie from the leftover filling that was in Benjie's freezer from the pie pops.
That was really good, too. For the crust, I made the dough that was supposed to be turned into puff dough for turnovers, so it was a little bit different than basic pie dough. This recipe included milk and sugar, which I used in place of ice water in ordinary pie crust. We will be making turnovers some time in the near future, so look for the crust recipe then.

No pictures of anything, sorry. Though, I will have my camera ready tomorrow night, when we make some meringues! :o)

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • My favorite part about the breakfast was everyone announcing that they felt obligated to try the cookies. Like they didn't really want to, but because it was a communal event they had to give them a shot.

    By Blogger bpressman, At 1:42 PM  

  • Maybe they just heard that they were good, and were like, "Oh, I guess I have to try one!"

    By Blogger Ariel, At 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home