having my cake and sharing it 2

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rugelach

Alright, so it's been a while since I posted, but I am going to try out the regularly scheduled posting again. So, last night, we made rugelach. It was really easy, especially because we had the dough already made. We used the leftover dough from the pumpkin pie we made a while ago. (It was frozen and then defrosted the night before we wanted to use it.) We used this filling recipe and substituted chocolate chips for the shredded chocolate. It was good, but I thought that it tasted a little gritty, like there was too much sugar. We rolled it up two different ways, first by making a log and cutting it like a jelly roll, and second, cut triangles and rolled it up the traditional way. With the jelly roll style, the butter and chocolate melted out a bit, but most of the pieces were okay. The traditional rolls were really good. (I couldn't stop eating them!) Another easy and quick recipe.






Also, I just finished putting together a recipe binder that includes recipes from Gourmet and Bon Appetit magazines from 2008-2009. I am going to try all of those recipes, and of course I will blog about them. I also typed up the old recipes from my great-grandmother and I want to try those, too, so it should be an exciting time trying these recipes.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Too much sugar? Blasphemy!

    By Blogger bpressman, At 2:24 PM  

  • They just tasted gritty. But not too sweet. Maybe the sugar would've melted into everything else more if we left them in the oven longer.

    By Blogger Ariel, At 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home