having my cake and sharing it 2

Monday, October 19, 2009

Chocolate-Oatmeal Cookies

Yes, another double-post day. This time it is because this is the (semi) regular post for this week, the Monday post. The last post was really leftover, just never posted until now. Anyway, this post's recipe is from The Little Black Book of Chocolate. All recipes in this book include chocolate. I made half of the recipe because I only had half the amount of butter than what is called for in the recipe. But it doesn't really make that much dough, even though it says it makes about 72 cookies. (36 for a half recipe) Also, I don't really like oatmeal cookies, because they usually include raisins, and I do not like raisins, and I don't really like oatmeal. But, I had oats on hand, so I decided to try this recipe, and these cookies are pretty good. (Those of you going to trivia tonight will have a chance to try them.)
So, here's the recipe:


Chocolate-oatmeal cookies
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. Cream butter and sugar in a separate bowl and stir in rolled oats, vanilla, and 4 tablespoons of water. Add flour mixture gradually and stir until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool on racks. About 72 cookies.


Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • I've never been a big fan of oatmeal cookies. I always felt like I was being tricked into eating something healthy.

    By Blogger bpressman, At 12:42 PM  

  • I'll bring these over because I forgot to bring them to trivia the other night. I think you'll like them, they taste more like regular chocolate chip cookies. I can't stop eating them.

    By Blogger Ariel, At 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home