having my cake and sharing it 2

Friday, November 13, 2009

decorating

Since I haven't worked in a bakery, or have done any cake decorating since I graduated school, I decided it was time to practice my piping skills again. So, I made some cupcakes to give me a nice "canvas" for my decorating skills.


I only had a large pastry bag, so I was only able to use the star tip and the bigger size of the straight tip that I have, but still, some practice is better than none. I used a combination of the "shell" design and the "pearl" design for these cupcakes.


Next time, I will have another bag that I can use with my smaller tips, and I will practice making buttercream roses, and other flowers. I will also get some food coloring, so there will be no boring, really ugly, brownish chocolate frosting.

Also, now that I have a piping bag, I can make other desserts that require piping, such as eclairs, and macaroons. I also just bought some new cake and tart pans that I can't wait to try!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home