having my cake and sharing it 2

Monday, November 02, 2009

zucchini bread and muffins

I am sitting in my kitchen waiting for the zucchini bread and muffins to come out of the oven. Quite literally, and it smells wonderful. I wish there was some way to pass the smell through the computer, but the only way to get this smell in your kitchen is to bake it yourself! ;o)
The recipe is one of those "mix it all in a food processor" recipes, but I found it just as easy to do by hand.


Zucchini Bread (or cake or muffins)
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 tsp. vanilla extract

3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Heat oven to 350ยบ. (Peel-if you desire) zucchini and grate. Squeeze out excess water. Beat eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla together (could be done in a food processor-I used my hand mixer).
 
(yum-green zucchini mixture-eh-it gets better after the next steps)

(Sift-to be sure there are no lumps) flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until combined.

Grease and flour (or line with foil) 2 loaf pans, OR 1 cake pan OR line muffin tin with 12 liners. (OR a combo of these-I did 1 loaf and 6 muffins, and hopefully, I will remember to bring the muffins to trivia tonight!)
Bake for 60-70 minutes. Do the knife test. (If it comes out clean-it's done.)

Easy. But takes long to bake. But the wait is worth it, I promise.
mmm...muffins!
 mmm...zucchini bread!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home