having my cake and sharing it 2

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving (x2)


First, I want to apologize for the late Thanksgiving post. I came home from Thanksgiving sick, so I've been spending my time resting. I had two Thanksgivings this year (sort of). The first one was last week and it was at my house, with my roommates, and their friends and family. It was nice, and a BIG feast! There was pretty much two of everything, and way too much food for about 15 people. I made zucchini bread (cake, really.) and muffins and banana cake.


The second (and real) Thanksgiving was at Benjie's family's house in San Jose. It was nice and there was also a lot of food there. Benjie and I made most of the meal ourselves. I made pumpkin pie and apple pie/crumble. We also made the turkey, stuffing, butternut squash soup, and other sides were brought by the guests. It all tasted very good. I wish I had pictures of the food that I made, but I was so caught up in the business (busy-ness) of it all that I forgot to stop and take pictures. Oh well. I'll still have the memories, but you'll have to just use your imagination! (Ha!) I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and is well rested now, and ready to ease into the Holiday season. Since when did Christmas start right after Thanksgiving? I guess I didn't notice it as much growing up in a Jewish household? Or just didn't care that much since I was the one getting the presents and not the one buying the presents/just eating the food and not the one making the food? Anyway, I am looking forward to the New Year. Hopefully, it will bring me luck on the job front and will be much better than the last. I am looking forward to cleaning up and starting again. What are you looking forward to this holiday season? Do you have any New Year's resolutions?

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home